Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
Note: Despite the version bump, this release is semver-compatible with 0.31.x. We are reserving the further 0.31.x releases for any backport releases which are needed to be made to support Fenix.
- Fixes an edge case introduced in v0.31.1 where a users set of declined engines (aka the "Choose what to Sync" preferences) could be forgotten. (#1273)
- Fixes an issue where a stale sync key will be used in cases where a user signs out and signs in to another account. (#1256)
- Added a new method to help recover from invalid access tokens. (#1244) If the application receives an an authentication exception while using a token
FirefoxAccount.getAccessToken, it should:
FirefoxAccount.clearAccessTokenCacheto remove the invalid token from the internal cache.
- Retry the operation after obtaining fresh access token via
- If the retry also fails with an authentication exception, then the user will need to reconnect
their account via a fresh OAuth flow.
FirefoxAccount.getProfilenow performs the above retry logic automagically. An authentication error while calling
getProfileindicates that the user needs to reconnect their account. (#1244
- Android: A new
sync15package defines Kotlin data classes for the Sync telemetry ping. (#1112)
PlacesApi.syncBookmarksnow return a
PlacesAPI.syncBookmarksnow returns a JSON string with the contents of the Sync ping. This should be posted to the legacy telemetry submission endpoint. (#1112)
- Deduping synced bookmarks with newer server timestamps no longer throws unique constraint violations. (#1259)
- iOS: LoginsStoreError enum variants have their name
UpperCamelCased, to better fit with common Swift code style. (#1042)
- Changed the internal serialization format of the Push Keys.
- Changed the internal serialization format of the Send Tab Keys. Calling
ensureCapabilitieswill re-generate them.
migrateFromSessionTokento allow creating a refreshToken from an existing sessionToken.
Useful for Fennec to Fenix bootstrap flow, where the user can just reuse the existing sessionToken to
create a new session with a refreshToken.
- A new
getRecentBookmarksAPI was added to return the list of most recently
added bookmark items (#1129).
- The addition of
getRecentBookmarksis a breaking change for custom
This release exists only to rectify a publishing error that occurred with v0.28.0, see that release for a set of changes.
FirefoxAccount.ensureCapabilitiesnow takes a set of capabilities
as a parameter. All the device registered "capabilities" such as Send
Tab will be replaced by the passed set of new capabilities.
PushManager.verifyConnection()now returns a boolean.
indicates the connection is valid and no action required,
indicates that the connection is invalid. All existing subscriptions
have been dropped. The caller should send a
to all known apps. (This is due to the fact that the Push API does
not have a way to send just the new endpoint to the client PWA.)
PushManager.unsubscribe(...)now will only unsubscribe a single
channel. It will return
falseif no channel is specified or if the
channel was already deleted. To delete all channels for a given user,
- Native libraries should now have debug symbols stripped by default,
resulting in significantly smaller package size for consuming
applications. A test was also added to CI to ensure that this
does not regress in future.
- iOS only: Logins store has a new (static)
numOpenConnectionsfunction, which can be used to detect leaks. (#1070)
- iOS only: PlacesApi can now migrate bookmark data from a
browser.dbdatabase via the
migrateBookmarksFromBrowserDbfunction. It is recommended that this only be called for non-sync users, as syncing the bookmarks over will result in better handling of sync metadata, among other things. (#1078)
- iOS: Sync can now be interrupted using the
- iOS: Sync metadata can be reset using the
destroyDevicesupport to existing Send Tab capabilities. (#821)
- Frecencies are now recalculated for bookmarked URLs after a sync.
- Authentication failures with the autopush server should be fixed. (#1080)