Web server that receives gzip'd POST requests and saves them uncompressed locally
To force Firefox to send a Telemetry payload to this server:
- Start the server:
./gzipServer.py(you may need to install simplejson Python module)
about:config, change the preference "toolkit.telemetry.server" to
- Restart Firefox to have Telemetry pick up the above pref change
about:telemetry(it has some Telemetry namespaces nicely set up) and open the DevTools console
- Paste the following into the console:
- The script will save the request it receives to report1.json in the script's working directory
Note: The procedure above will create a "test ping", which is equivalent to a regular Telemetry "saved-session" ping.
- If you just need to see the Telemetry measurements from the current session, you can see them directly on the
about:telemetrypage in Firefox.
- If you need to see what the full ping looks like, but you don't need to send it to a server, simply exit Firefox and restart. In
about:telemetryselect the last "main" ping from the archived ping data. You can switch to the raw ping data to see the full raw contents.
- You can also get the full ping from the DevTools console by opening the about:telemetry page and running the commands:
ping = TelemetrySession.getPayload()