NodeJS application that hosts details for your makes.
- Clone this repository via git:
git clone https://github.com/mozilla/make-valet.git
- Change directory to the repository:
- Install bower if not already installed:
npm install -g bower
- Install dependencies:
- Copy default config to working location:
cp env.dist .env
- Edit config file with your favourite text editor. See comments in config file for what each option does
- Run the server:
Running make-valet without an Internet connection
make-valet relies upon the xip.io domain to access user subdomains. If you do not have an internet connection available, you'll need to have some other way of setting domains on your local machine.
Edit your /etc/hosts file
For example, if I'm the user
jon, you'll need to add an entry for jon.127.0.0.1.xip.io to your local hosts file:
The downside of this approach is that you'll need to add a hostname for each user you create locally.
Run a local DNS resolver
If you're running the make-valet offline with a number of users, you should use a local DNS resolver like dnsmasq to scale up to any number of users