if all the following packages are peer reviewed, free, and have correlates on win, mac, and linux, then we will talk about them. Asterix == live demo, a primer.
- how to hunt for checksums *
- how to compare them *
- how to get OpenSSL (NB: windows users will also need Cygwin)
- cultivate your timeline on twitter for leads; learning whose advice to trust | WIRED Gov/Secu Experts to follow | Tripwire Secu Experts to follow
- authenticator apps
- services that use 2fa (mail clients, github, web hosts) | List of 2fa websites | List of 2fa providers
- FreeOTP - free 2fa app for one-time password users
- basics in mac & win *
- discussion: how to do pgp? (how to init these types of convos with people, where to put its information, how to dissemenate it) ALSO, important detour: we all know the difference between the public key and the private key, right?
- the --homedir directive. duh, use it! (maybe only windows users and linux users can do this; mac users left out? can we hack this out real quick before we start?)
- discussions about publicizing one's web-of-trust