Welcome to the Open Badges BadgeKit repo!
Check out the links below to get started with BadgeKit.
BadgeKit for Developers
If you're a developer looking to work with BadgeKit, these pages will help you get started:
- API Introduction
- overview of what the API does
- Self-Hosting Guide
- detailed guide to setting up your own BadgeKit instance
- BadgeKit API Home
- overview of the API and what you need to do to integrate with your own site once you have it setup
- Using BadgeKit API
- overview of the API endpoints
- BadgeKit User API
- introduction to BadgeKit user management via the API
- Troubleshooting BadgeKit
- troubleshooting your instance
- Resource list
- general resources
BadgeKit for Users
If you're an issuer looking to use BadgeKit in your organization, these pages will help you get acquainted with the tools:
To learn more about the concepts and terms in BadgeKit, try out the BadgeKit Glossary.
You may also find the following Mozilla Open Badges Backpack wiki pages useful:
- Get Started with Open Badges
- Open Badges FAQs
- Open Badges Glossary
- Issuer Onboarding
- Displayer Onboarding
- New Issuers: Give Yourself a Badge
- Assertion Information for the Uninitiated
How We Got Here
This repo also contains a lot of historical material exploring the journey that brought us to BadgeKit - browse the rest of the wiki pages and the repo in general to see some of the questions and discussions we encountered (and continue to encounter) along the way.