Socorro is a set of components for collecting, processing and reporting on crashes. It is used by Mozilla for tracking crashes of Firefox, B2G, Thunderbird and other projects. The production Mozilla install is public and hosted at https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/
The components which make up Socorro are:
- Collector - collects breakpad minidump crashes which come in over HTTP POST
- Processor - turn breakpad minidump crashes into stack traces and other info
- Middleware - provide HTTP REST interface for JSON reports and real-time data
- Web UI aka crash-stats - django-based web app for visualizing crash data
Socorro is available as an RPM for RHEL/CentOS, or you can build from source on Mac OSX, Ubuntu or RHEL/CentOS.
- For production installation, proceed to :ref:`production_install-chapter`.
- If you want to build from source, see the :ref:`development-chapter` section.
We welcome contributions!
- Start here to contribute to documentation: :ref:`writingdocs-chapter`.
- Start here to contribute code: :ref:`newdeveloperguide-chapter`.
See http://wiki.mozilla.org/Breakpad for up-to-date information about development team activity and our meetings.
The Socorro development mailing list is https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/tools-socorro