- #350 - Change browser detection logic for WASM loading.
- #363 -
Change WASM loading detection to rely on
- #362 -
- #371 - Reimplement sourcemap URL processing using the WHATWG URL API.
- #339 -
Allow initializing the consumer
mappings.wasmfile as an
- #347 - Improve tests.
- #352 - Improve documentation.
- #361 - Use newer Webpack CLI when bundling.
- #364 -
IndexedSourceMapConsumerimplementation to pass more through to
- #366 - Normalize internal URL representation to be easier to follow.
- #341 -
Use async functions to simplify
- Another 3x speed up in
SourceMapConsumer. Read about it here: http://fitzgeraldnick.com/2018/02/26/speed-without-wizardry.html
- Updated TypeScript typings. #321
SourceMapConsumernow uses WebAssembly, and is much faster! Read about it here: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/01/oxidizing-source-maps-with-rust-and-webassembly/
new SourceMapConsumernow returns a
Promiseobject that resolves to the newly constructed
SourceMapConsumerinstance, rather than returning the new instance immediately.
Breaking change: when you're done using a
SourceMapConsumerinstance, you must call
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.destroyon it. After calling
destroy, you must not use the instance again.
SourceMapConsumerused to be able to handle lines, columns numbers and source and name indices up to
2^53 - 1(aka
Number.MAX_SAFE_INTEGER). It can now only handle them up to
2^32 - 1.
Breaking change: The
source-maplibrary now uses modern ECMAScript-isms:
let, arrow functions,
Breaking change: Drop support for Node < 8. If you want to support older versions of node, please use v0.6 or below.
- Fix for regression when people were using numbers as names in source maps. See #236.
Fix "regression" of unsupported, implementation behavior that half the world happens to have come to depend on. See #235.
Fix regression involving function hoisting in SpiderMonkey. See #233.
- Large performance improvements to source-map serialization. See #228 and #229.
- Do not include unnecessary distribution files. See commit ef7006f8d1647e0a83fdc60f04f5a7ca54886f86.
- Include browser distributions of the library in package.json's
files. See issue #212.
- Fix latent bugs in IndexedSourceMapConsumer.prototype._parseMappings. See ff05274becc9e6e1295ed60f3ea090d31d843379.
Node 0.8 is no longer supported.
Use webpack instead of dryice for bundling.
Big speedups serializing source maps. See pull request #203.
Fix a bug with
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.sourceContentForand sources that explicitly start with the source root. See issue #199.
Fix an issue where using a
SourceMapGeneratorafter having created a
SourceMapConsumerfrom it via
SourceMapConsumer.fromSourceMapfailed. See issue #191.
Fix an issue with where
SourceMapGeneratorwould mistakenly consider different mappings as duplicates of each other and avoid generating them. See issue #192.
A very large number of performance improvements, particularly when parsing source maps. Collectively about 75% of time shaved off of the source map parsing benchmark!
Fix a bug in
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.allGeneratedPositionsForand fuzzy searching in the presence of a column option. See issue #177.
Fix a bug with joining a source and its source root when the source is above the root. See issue #182.
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.hasContentsOfAllSourcesmethod to determine when all sources' contents are inlined into the source map. See issue #190.
.npmignorefile so that the benchmarks aren't pulled down by dependent projects. Issue #169.
Add an optional
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.allGeneratedPositionsForand better handle lines with no mappings. Issues #172 and #173.
- Fix accidentally defining a global variable. #170.
The default direction for fuzzy searching was changed back to its original direction. See #164.
There is now a
biasoption you can supply to
SourceMapConsumerto control the fuzzy searching direction. See #167.
About an 8% speed up in parsing source maps. See #159.
Added a benchmark for parsing and generating source maps.
Change the default direction that searching for positions fuzzes when there is not an exact match. See #154.
Support for environments using json2.js for JSON serialization. See #156.
- Support for consuming "indexed" source maps which do not have any remote
sections. See pull request #127. This introduces a minor backwards
incompatibility if you are monkey patching
- Performance improvements for
SourceNode. See issue #148 for some discussion and issues #150, #151, and #152 for implementations.
- Fix an issue where
SourceNodes from different versions of the source-map library couldn't be used in conjunction with each other. See issue #142.
Fix a bug with getting the source content of relative sources with a "./" prefix. See issue #145 and Bug 1090768.
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.computeColumnSpansmethod to compute the column span of each mapping.
SourceMapConsumer.prototype.allGeneratedPositionsFormethod to find all generated positions associated with a given original source and line.
- Performance improvements for parsing source maps in SourceMapConsumer.
- Fix a bug where setting a source's contents to null before any source content had been set before threw a TypeError. See issue #131.
- Fix a bug where finding relative paths from an empty path were creating absolute paths. See issue #129.
- Fix a bug where if the source root was an empty string, relative source paths would turn into absolute source paths. Issue #124.
- Allow the
namesmapping property to be an empty string. Issue #121.
A third optional parameter was added to
SourceNode.fromStringWithSourceMapto specify a path that relative sources in the second parameter should be relative to. Issue #105.
If no file property is given to a
SourceMapGenerator, then the resulting source map will no longer have a
nullfile property. The property will simply not exist. Issue #104.
Fixed a bug where consecutive newlines were ignored in
SourceNodes. Issue #116.
SourceNodework with windows style ("\r\n") newlines. Issue #103.
Fix bug involving source contents and the
SourceMapGenerator.prototype.applySourceMap. Issue #100.
Fix some edge cases surrounding path joining and URL resolution.
Add a third parameter for relative path to
Fix issues with mappings and EOLs.
Fixed a bug where SourceMapConsumer couldn't handle negative relative columns (issue 92).
Fixed test runner to actually report number of failed tests as its process exit code.
Fixed a typo when reporting bad mappings (issue 87).
Delay parsing the mappings in SourceMapConsumer until queried for a source location.
Support Sass source maps (which at the time of writing deviate from the spec in small ways) in SourceMapConsumer.
Do not join source root with a source, when the source is a data URI.
Extend the test runner to allow running single specific test files at a time.
Performance improvements in
Source map browser builds will now work inside Workers.
Better error messages when attempting to add an invalid mapping to a
- Allow duplicate entries in the
sourcesarrays of source maps (usually from TypeScript) we are parsing. Fixes github issue 72.
- Skip duplicate mappings when creating source maps from SourceNode; github issue 75.
- Don't throw an error when the
fileproperty is missing in SourceMapConsumer, we don't use it anyway.
- Fix SourceNode.fromStringWithSourceMap for empty maps. Fixes github issue 70.
- Make compatible with browserify
- Fix issue with absolute paths and
file://URIs. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=885597
- Fix issue with absolute paths and sourcesContent, github issue 64.
- Ignore duplicate mappings in SourceMapGenerator. Fixes github issue 21.
- Fixed handling of sources that start with a slash so that they are relative to the source root's host.
- Fixed github issue #43: absolute URLs aren't joined with the source root anymore.
- Using Travis CI to run tests.
- Fixed a bug in the handling of sourceRoot.
- Added SourceNode.fromStringWithSourceMap.
Added missing documentation.
Fixed the generating of empty mappings in SourceNode.
- Added SourceMapGenerator.applySourceMap.
- The sourceRoot is now handled consistently.
- Added SourceMapGenerator.fromSourceMap.
- SourceNode now generates empty mappings too.
- Added name support to SourceNode.
- Added sourcesContent support to the customer and generator.