NOTE: The Test Pilot program has ended. The master branch in this repository reflects the state of the project before it ended. The farewell message mini-site lives in the
Test Pilot is an opt-in platform that allows us to perform controlled tests of new high-visibility product concepts in the general release channel of Firefox.
Test Pilot is not intended to replace trains for most features, nor is it a test bed for concepts we do not believe have a strong chance of shipping in general release. Rather, it is reserved for features that require user feedback, testing and tuning before they ship with the browser.
Table of Contents
- Developing Test Pilot
- Quickstart - Get your development environment working.
- Testing - Automated testing.
- Storybook - Interactive development & testing for UI components.
- Add-on - Working on the Test Pilot add-on.
- Deployment - Deploying Test Pilot to staging and production
- Dev Deployment - Deploying Test Pilot to the dev environment
- Verifying deployments - Verifying Test Pilot deployments.
- Developing experiments
- Experiment content - Management of experiment content.
- Graduating experiments - Graduation of old experiments.
- Process - How we create, triage, and assign work.
- Contributing to Test Pilot
- Code of conduct
Test Pilot localization is managed via Pontoon, not direct pull requests to the repository. If you want to fix a typo, add a new language, or simply know more about localization, please get in touch with the existing localization team for your language or Mozilla’s l10n-drivers for guidance.
- Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Test_Pilot
- IRC: #testpilot on irc.mozilla.org