Test Pilot is an opt-in platform that allows us to perform controlled tests of new high-visibility product concepts in the general release channel of Firefox.
Test Pilot is not intended to replace trains for most features, nor is it a test bed for concepts we do not believe have a strong chance of shipping in general release. Rather, it is reserved for features that require user feedback, testing, and tuning before they ship with the browser.
Table of Contents
- Developing Test Pilot
- Quickstart - Get your development environment working.
- Add-on - Working on the Test Pilot add-on.
- Testing - Automated testing.
- Variants - Creating variant tests on the Test Pilot website.
- Deployment - Deploying Test Pilot to staging and production
- Verifying deployments - Verifying Test Pilot deployments.
- Add-on environment - Configuring to which server the add-on connects.
- Developing experiments
- Experiment content - Management of experiment content.
- Process - How we create, triage, and assign work.
- Contributing to Test Pilot
- Code of conduct
- Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Test_Pilot
- IRC: #testpilot on irc.mozilla.org