⚠️ This project is not actively maintained ⚠️
Proceed at own risk
Secure messaging with the distributed federation and deliver model of email but with the contact list model of chat systems like jabber.
Raindrop 2 => Raindrop Deux => Deuxdrop
Checking it out
git clone --recursive git://github.com/mozilla/deuxdrop.git
- clients/: Clients and client-specific JS code
- common/: JS code shared between client, server
- deploy/: cobbler/puppet automation for setting up servers / dev machines
- servers/: Servers and server-specific JS code
See the install instructsions for help
note: make sure you checked us out with
git clone --recursive. If not, do
git submodule init and then
git submodule update
Problems installing? Checkout our Build FAQ
cmdline tool will help you get things running. Use
./cmdline --help for more.
See the deuxdrop wiki for more documentation
Try the built-in loggest displays:
- The client daemon's logs are available at "about:loggest"
- The server's logs are available at "about:loggest-server" if the server is run with "--loggest-web-debug".
Have Firefox display websocket connection details by enabling PRLogging for it:
- "export NSPR_LOG_MODULES=nsWebSocket:5" then run, to get on stdout
- "export NSPR_LOG_FILE=/tmp/firefox.log" if you don't want it on stdout
- On windows, use "set NSPR_LOG_MODULES=nsWebSocket:5" and "set NSPR_LOG_FILE=%TEMP%\log.txt"