This is a single HTML form which can be used to generate DataCite Metadata Kernel 4.0 XML. Metadata is generated by populating text boxes and selecting values from drop-downs. The results can then be saved to a file. The main goal of this form was to create a tool which does not require any installation, extra libraries, or an application server, just download and go.
Download Here (right click and use 'Save As', make sure extension is .html)
How to use:
- Download datacite-metadata-generator.html.
- Open using a browser (Firefox/Chrome/Opera recommended, or IE8+).
- Start creating metadata.
- Use 'Select All' button to copy and paste results or 'Ready to Save' button to save results to a file.
- JQuery 3.1.1
- Currently the 'save to file' feature does not work in Internet Explorer or Safari.
- The form does not perform any XML validation or validation against the DataCite schema.
- Enable 'save to file' feature in Internet Explorer and Safari.
- XML and schema validation options.
- Try to integrate schema documentation to add context to input fields.