Installation scripts for ODR-mmbTools
This folder contains install scripts that simplify the compilation and installation of the ODR-mmbTools
The debian.sh script is designed to be run on debian jessie, and installs
- the fdk-aac library
- auxiliary scripts
To use it, you have to:
- Install debian on your machine
- apt-get install sudo and give your user the right to use sudo
- download the script to your home directory
- make it executable with chmod +x debian.sh
- run it with ./debian.sh
This gnuradio-livecd.sh script can be used to install the ODR-mmbTools onto the ubuntu live system offered by the GNURadio project. The following explanations were given by Tobias Wallerius:
The most convenient way for me was to use the official GNU Radio Live SDR Environment (Ubuntu based), as it already contains a full GNU Radio installation. I used version 2015-0623, but in the meantime 2015-0726 is available. Download the ISO image of your preference.
I wanted to be able to keep changes while running Linux from the USB drive, so casper was also a requirement. An easy way to achieve this is to use the Universal USB Installer to install the GNU Radio Ubuntu Image.
Installing the GNU Radio Live SDR Environment to a USB drive
- Download the GNU Radio Live SDR Environment ISO image
- Make sure your USB drive is connected to your machine
- Start the Universal USB Installer executable
- For Step 1, select "Ubuntu"
- Select the ISO image in Step 2 with the Browse button
- In Step 3, select your USB drive letter
- With Step 4, make sure to enable persistence by selecting a file size for storage
- Click Create
After the procedure finishes, you can reboot your machine from the USB drive.
Installing the ODR-mmbTools
After you have the Ubuntu live system running, download and execute the gnuradio-livecd.sh script:
- Make sure your internet connection works
- Download the modified gnuradio-livecd.sh install script from this post
- Make it executable using chmod +x gnuradio-livecd.sh
- On your console, start the install script with ./gnuradio-livecd.sh