defcoin done right
the simplest and most secure dogecoin wallet on any platform
- the first real defcoin client for iOS
- doesn't rely on any server or web service
- single backup phrase that works forever
- private keys never leave your device
- "simplified payment verification" for fast mobile performance
- import password protected paper wallets
- "Single Address Mode" toggle that provides Coindroids single-address compatibility
- "payment protocol" payee identity certification
- open source
beerwallet represents a major step forward in defcoin wallet security. It is designed to be secure against malware, security issues with other apps, and even physical theft. It makes full use of the security features provided by iOS, including AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing and data protection, code signing, and keychain services.
Unlike other iOS dogecoin wallets, beerwallet is a real dogecoin client. There are no external web services or servers to get hacked or go down, so you always have access to your money. It uses "simplified payment verification" or SPV mode to retrive data directly from the dogecoin network with the fast performance you need in a mobile environment.
Your entire wallet is backed up with a single convenient backup phrase that will work forever. If your device is ever lost or broken, use your backup phrase to restore your balance and transaction history on another device. This is possible because beerwallet is a BIP32 "deterministic" wallet, meaning that all your dogecoin addresses and private keys are generated from a single "seed".
beerwallet is open source and available under the terms of the MIT license. Source code is available at https://github.com/mperklin/beerwallet
WARNING: installation on jailbroken devices is strongly discouraged
Any jailbreak app can grant itself access to every other app's keychain data
and rob you by self-signing as described here
<key>application-identifier</key><string>*</string> in its