Encourage your users be letting them express their feelings by “emoting” rather then voting.
- Contributors: qvister, Mindpark
- Tags: emo, vote, plugin
- Requires at least: 2.7
- Tested up to: 2.7
- Stable tag: trunk
Emo Vote let’s you encourage your users be letting them express their feelings by “emoting” rather then voting. Emoting is a fairly simple activity, just press the button that describes your feeling towards the post you just read.
A few features listed below:
- Choose your own labels for each button.
- Drag ’n drop the buttons in your own order.
- Choose a unqiue question for each post, using WordPress custom fields, see FAQ for details.
- The buttons are fully customizeable using CSS.
- Emo Vote uses the same localization technique as the well-known function `comments_popup_link()`. Just replace the parameters according to your current locale, `<?php emo_vote_display(‘No votes’,‘One vote’,‘% votes’); ?>`.
- Download the plugin zip file.
- Upload the `emo-vote/` folder to your `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Settings > Emo Vote and customize it as you wish.
- Place `<?php if (function_exists(‘emo_vote_display’)) emo_vote_display(‘No votes’, ‘1 vote’, ‘% votes’); ?>` (localize the strings by replacing the parameters according to your current locale) in your template, for instance in `index.php` and `single.php`.
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to encourage my users even more by adding a question or statement before the emoting options
This is possible using WordPress built-in custom fields. Add a field with the name `emo-vote` and choose value.
The value can be unique for each post.
The buttons looks like crappy blue squares in Internet Explorer 6
How about upgrading your browser? Just kidding, some unlucky ones are still stuck with IE6.
I would recommend TwinHelix’s PNGFix.
Place `iepngfix.htc` and `blank.gif` files in your webroot and add `behavior: url(/iepngfix.htc);` to the #input_0-#input_4 elements
inside your `emo-vote.css` file.