mpv for Android
mpv-android is a video player for Android based on libmpv.
- Hardware and software video decoding
- Gesture-based seeking, volume/brightness control and more
- libass support for styled subtitles
- Advanced video settings (interpolation, debanding, scalers, ...)
- Play network streams with the "Open URL" function
- Background playback, Picture-in-Picture, keyboard input supported
Note that mpv-android is not a library you can embed into your app, but you can look here for inspiration.
The important parts are
MPVView and the native code.
libmpv/ffmpeg is built by these scripts.
You can download mpv-android from the Releases section or
Building from source
Take a look at README.md inside the