MQTT SN Multicast Addresses
Clone this wiki locally
This is a proposal, the addresses have not be peer-reviewed or registered with IANA.
|Scope Name||MQTT-SN Radius||IPv6 Address||IPv4 Address|
|Node-Local||0||FF00:0:0:0:0:0:0:75B||184.108.40.206 (with TTL=0)|
|Link-Local||1||FF01:0:0:0:0:0:0:75B||220.127.116.11 (with TTL=1)|
- Addresses use scope relative addressing
- For IPv6: 0x75B = 1883 in decimal
- For IPv4: 72 = 255 - 183
The scope descriptions are taken from RFC4291.
- Node-Local: spans only a single interface on a node and is useful only for loopback transmission of multicast.
- Link-Local: spans the same topological region as the corresponding unicast scope.
- Admin-Local: is the smallest scope that must be administratively configured, i.e., not automatically derived from physical connectivity or other, non-multicast-related configuration.
- Site-Local: is intended to span a single site.
- Organisation-Local: is intended to span multiple sites belonging to a single organisation.
- Global: the whole of the internet