Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
MQTT SN Multicast Addresses
This is a proposal, the addresses have not be peer-reviewed or registered with IANA.
|Scope Name||MQTT-SN Radius||IPv6 Address||IPv4 Address|
|Node-Local||0||FF00:0:0:0:0:0:0:75B||184.108.40.206 (with TTL=0)|
|Link-Local||1||FF01:0:0:0:0:0:0:75B||220.127.116.11 (with TTL=1)|
- Addresses use scope relative addressing
- For IPv6: 0x75B = 1883 in decimal
- For IPv4: 72 = 255 - 183
The scope descriptions are taken from RFC4291.
- Node-Local: spans only a single interface on a node and is useful only for loopback transmission of multicast.
- Link-Local: spans the same topological region as the corresponding unicast scope.
- Admin-Local: is the smallest scope that must be administratively configured, i.e., not automatically derived from physical connectivity or other, non-multicast-related configuration.
- Site-Local: is intended to span a single site.
- Organisation-Local: is intended to span multiple sites belonging to a single organisation.
- Global: the whole of the internet