Project mission is to provide easy to use, powerful, embeddable web server.
Downloads & Docs
Mongoose keeps the balance between functionality and simplicity by carefully selected list of features:
- Works on Windows, Mac, UNIX, iPhone, Android, and many other platforms
- Scripting and database support (Lua Server Pages + Sqlite, see page.lp ), which provides ready to go, powerful web development platform in one single-click executable with no dependencies: forget LAMP!
- Support for CGI, SSL, SSI, Digest (MD5) authorization, Websocket, WEbDAV
- Resumed download, URL rewrite, file blacklist, IP-based ACL, Windows service
- Download speed limit based on client subnet or URI pattern
- Simple and clean embedding API, mongoose.h. The source is in single mongoose.c file to make things easy. Embedding examples: hello.c, post.c, upload.c, websocket.c
- HTTP client capable of sending arbitrary HTTP/HTTPS requests
Questions can be asked at firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
Author is grateful to the following people who made their contribution:
Arnout Vandecappelle, Benoît Amiaux, Boris Pek, Cody Hanson, Colin Leitner, Daniel Oaks, Eric Bakan, Erik Oomen, Filipp Kovalev, Ger Hobbelt, Hendrik Polczynski, Igor Okulist, Jay, Joe Mucchiello, John Safranek, José Miguel Gonçalves, Shueng Chuan, Katerina Blinova, Konstantin Sorokin, Marin Atanasov, Matt Healy, Mitch Hendrickson, Nigel Stewart, Pavel Khlebovich, Sebastian Reinhard, Stefan Doehla, abadc0de, nullable.type, T.Barmann, D.Hughes, J.C.Sloan, R.Romeo, L.E.Spencer, S.Kotay, R.M.Shorter, W.Mar, J.Wilander, Santa from Memphis, S.Davies, C.Beck, O.M.Vilhunen, C.Radik, G.Woodcock, M.Szczepkowski, Eternal Lands Dev Team, T.Tollet, C.Tangerino, G.Karsai, A.Bourgett, C.Blakemore, D.Fonaryov, T.Andrle, O.IJsselmuiden, R.Womack, M.Tomlinson, A.Slåttå, L.Farrell, J.D.P.Ballestero, V.Albaev, B.Harker, T.Scheffel, H.Klein, R.Merit, T.Bennett, H.Solis, A.Zincenko, M.S., S.Krul, K.Cooke, S.McCallum, F.Morenius, and 10 others.
Super Light Regular Expression library is another project by Cesanta Software, developed with the same philosophy of functionality and simplicity.