Doing work alone sucks. It's much more enjoyable when there are other productive people are around.
Kind of like working at a coffeeshop? Exactly like working in a coffeeshop. (Without the public wifi or the coffee itself.)
Want to Contribute?
Submit a pull request! Check the TODO List for the top priority features and fixes.
- Please be descriptive with your commit messages.
- Passing TDD/BDD code is heavily preferred, unless explicitly required.
Please message me if you have any questions!
- Prevent user from spamming the chat room excessively.
- Feature Requests can have many comments.
- Usernames should not have whitespace. URL friendly like
- Display the current number of chatters.
- Example: "You and 5 others are now at the coffeeshop."
- Make specs in
- When a user posts, everyone gets a sound notification.
- Should be able to be silenced.
- Add video background of cafe movement
- Positions new message field near chat messages.
- New message and message list should be in the same area.
- Older versions of Firefox may need an OGG version of the audio.
- Ruby version specified in .ruby-version
Starting Development Server
bundleto ensure you've got everything installed.
bundle exec foreman start --procfile=Procfile.devto start the application and the realtime private pub server.
- You can access the application at http://localhost:5000/.