- PCL AppConfig : cross platfom xamarin forms app settings reader
- Install PCLAppConfig package from nuget to your PCL and each target projects.
FOR FILE SYSTEM APP.CONFIG
- Initialize ConfigurationManager.AppSettings on PCL project like below:
- Add an app.config on your shared pcl project, and add your appSettings entries, as you would do with any app.config
- Add this PCL app.config file as a linked file on all your platform projects. For android, make sure to set the build action to 'AndroidAsset', for UWP set the build action to 'Content'
FOR EMBEDDED APP.CONFIG
- Initialize ConfigurationManager.AppSettings on your pcl project like below:
Assembly assembly = typeof(App).GetTypeInfo().Assembly; ConfigurationManager.Initialise(assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("DemoApp.App.config"));
- Add an App.config on your shared pcl project and ensure that Build Action:EmbeddedResource, and add your appSettings entries, as you would do with any App.config
<configuration> <appSettings> <add key="config.text" value="hello from app.settings!" /> </appSettings> </configuration>
- Access your setting:
- Ben Ishiyama-levy (Xamariners)
- Seyyed Soroosh Hosseinalipour
- Complete fs config for windows 8.1 & WP 8.1
- Add Tests
Comments and suggestions are welcomed!