...a little macOS app that records your screen to make a timelapse.
- Open Source
- Low memory and CPU usage
- Follows the cursor across screens while recording
- Make sure that you have
ffmpeginstalled (e.g. run
brew install ffmpeg).
- Download timelapse
- Unzip and start the app. If you get a warning about the app being unsigned,
System Preferences > Security & Privacyand allow the app to run.
- A new icon appears in your menubar; start and stop the screen recording from there.
timelapse will create a video for you in your
If you like to help improve this app, make sure you have at least Python 3.6 installed. First, install the project's dependencies:
Now make changes and run the main application from the commandline:
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT)
at your option.
App icon by gstudioimagen - www.freepik.com.