I started playing around with kippt.com which looks promising as a successor for the beloved del.icio.us which (since acquired by that big company) lost a lot of the power that I liked. And since I already had a del.icio.us to MySQL-Backup script in place, I thought something like that needs to be possible with kippt.com, too.
And here we go: A rough first draft of a kippt.com backup script - maybe a migration tool from del.icio.us to kippt.com will follow.
- Clone this repository
- Create a database with a table called "clips" (see database schema file in the cloned directory)
- Copy config.sample.php to config.php and enter your local database credentials together with your kippt.com username and API-Token You can find your kippt.com API-Token by visiting the following "page" with your browser while being logged in: https://kippt.com/api/account
- Run the script : php -f kipptBackup.php
The following persons have supported the kippt-tools development:
- Sébastien Wains, https://github.com/sebw
- Fetching of clips in batches
- Showing some nice progress
Thanks for your contribution!
Please yes - just send it to email@example.com and let's see what I can make out of it. Of course nice "thank you" mails are appreciated most :-) For other ideas on how to support me, just have a look at http://rimann.org/support
Don't worry, just open an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/mrimann/kippt-tools/issues) or even better: Fix it and contribute it back to the project. You can fork the sourcecode from the Git repository and send me a pull request as soon as you've finished.