easily send physical postcards to your Kickstarter backers with Lob.com
- Sign up for an account at lob.com.
pip install -r requirements.txt
cp config_example.json config.json
- Fill in your details in config.json, using the test or production API key from lob as desired.
python kslob.py your-kickstarter-backer-report.csv
You can safely run kslob.py multiple times with updated exports; it will only send one postcard per address (per Lob.com API key). Note that this does mean that a backer who changes their address between exports will receive a second postcard, however this is probably A Good Thing.
How It Works
kickstarter-lob uses Lob.com to verify addresses and send physical postcards.
Given a CSV export from Kickstarter, running kslob.py will:
- Verify all addresses of backers, letting you know which ones failed verification.
- Get a list of any addresses that were already mailed postcards.
- Let you know how many addresses have and have not received postcards.
- Ask if you'd like to send postcards to any verified backers who have not yet been sent them.