Small, simple and sh(ort b)log engine implemented in PHP.
Shlog is a minimalistic one-file blog engine for those who don't need interface for writing. It is inspired by timeless and cloudhead's toto. They are both written in Ruby so I have decided to create something simmilar in PHP.
- Articles are stored as .bmd files with embeded metadata in yaml format (see metadata section)
- Contents of articles are converted from Markdown to HTML by PHP Markdown
- Templating is done by Tee, templates are stored in templates/ folder
- It is all build on top of nanoFramework
building a blog
All you have to do to set up your blog is just to upload
index.php templates/ contents/ .htaccess
on your FTP server.
After that, you can create new .bmd files in content/ directory to post new articles.
Metadata are informations about file readable for Shlog engine. They are in yaml format.
Example of a file with metadata:
title: Example article type: log time: 30th January 2011 desc: | Description of example article. Example article =============== Where was there was an example article. And so it was.
The most important piece of information here is
type. There are these types of
log - An article. There should be also
descmentioned in metadata section. Informations from this file will be used for generating article index.
- page - A page. Contents of this page will be processed by Markdown engine.
- html - A bare html page. Contents of this page will not be processed though Markdown engine.
- generated-html - A file generated by Shlog engine.
(c) 2010 - 2011 mr.Shu. Shlog is licenced under the BSD Open Source Licence. See LICENSE file for more informations.