This is a collection of useful classes and extensions for common classes in
What is in here
- Various categories to make the standard CoreFoundation and UIKit classes more useful
- A few helper classes with the same purpose
- As of version 0.2.0, all code requires an ARC (Automatic Reference Counting) capable compiler.
- Everything should be compatible with the iOS SDK 5 or above. Since version 0.5, OS X should be supported as well.
How to use
Just copy the files you need (and their dependencies) to your project.
You can also use objc-utils with CocoaPods.
Replacements for removed categories
Over time, some categories were removed, since their functionality is offered in separate projects:
- Use KSCrypto instead of
NSString+Hash. Note, however, that the resulting hashes are different, as NSString+Hash used Base32 encoding to convert hashes to strings.
- Use the GZIP instead of
NSData+CocoaDevUserAdditions. GZIP, using the default compression/decompression methods is fully compatible to
- All UIKit-related functionality was moved to uikit-utils and ios-versioncheck.
MIT. (Before version 0.5.0, a custom permissive license was used.)
Bug reports and pull requests are welcome! Contact me via e-mail or just by opening an issue on GitHub.