GroupText is a privacy-preserving group SMS web application originally developed for the GCSE Success tutoring programme. More information is available in this blog post.
It uses the Nexmo platform and is built with Meteor, Iron Router, Moment.js and Bootstrap.
- Download and unzip the latest release
cp settings.template.json settings.json
- Set your Nexmo phone number, api_key and api_secret
- Set inbound_message_callback to a random string and configure your Nexmo "Callback URL for Inbound Message" to
- (Optional) Set delivery_receipt_callback to a random string and configure your Nexmo "Callback URL for Delivery Receipt" to
- Set the email and name of an initial admin user (autogenerated password is echoed to console on intial startup)
meteor run --settings settings.json