This plugin provides an easy way to include Sluggable Behavior from Mariano Iglesias in your application.
It includes a small fix to be compatible with the new CakePHP 1.2 find conditions syntax.
- Clone from github : in your plugin directory type
git clone git://github.com/msadouni/cakephp-sluggable-plugin.git sluggable
- Add as a git submodule : in your plugin directory type
git submodule add git://github.com/msadouni/cakephp-sluggable-plugin.git sluggable
- Download an archive from github and extract it in
In a model that needs slugging, add :
var $actsAs = array('Sluggable.Sluggable' => array(...))
Available options :
- label : (array | string, optional) set to the field name that contains the string from where to generate the slug, or a set of field names to concatenate for generating the slug. DEFAULTS TO: title
- slug : (string, optional) name of the field name that holds generated slugs. DEFAULTS TO: slug
- separator : (string, optional) separator character / string to use for replacing non alphabetic characters in generated slug. DEFAULTS TO: -
- length : (integer, optional) maximum length the generated slug can have. DEFAULTS TO: 100
- overwrite : (boolean, optional) set to true if slugs should be re-generated when updating an existing record. DEFAULTS TO: false
Source : Cake Syrup