Awesome Weekly Robotics
Open Source Robots
Rovers and Cars
- OpenCat - Quadruped cat project with Open Source code (MIT Licence). The hardware designs seem to be proprietary at the moment.
- OpenDog - Open Source quadruped robot designed by James Bruton. Licence: GPLv3.
- Stanford Doggo - Stanford Doggo is a highly agile robot designed to provide an accessible platform for legged robot research. Licence: MIT.
Open Source Sensors
Graphical User Interfaces
Machining and 3D Printing
Libraries and Frameworks
- Cartographer - 2D and 3D SLAM library, supports multiple platforms and sensor configurations. Licence: Apache 2.0.
- GMapping - GMapping is a highly efficient Rao-Blackwellized particle filer to learn grid maps from laser range data. Licence: BSD-3-Clause.
- hector_slam - hector_slam contains ROS packages related to performing SLAM in unstructured environments like those encountered in the Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) scenarios of the RoboCup Rescue competition. Licence: BSD.
- TinySLAM - This package provides ROS implentation of the tinySLAM that is one of the most simpliest and lightweight SLAM methods. Licence: MIT.
Courses and Tutorials
Libraries and Packages
Books and Courses
- PID Without a PhD[PDF]
- Kalman and Bayesian Filters in Python
- SLAM for Dummies[PDF]
- The Autonomous Driving Cookbook
- Practical Deep Learning for Coders
- A Machine Learning Course with Python