cheap2el - cheap pe library
cheap2el is tiny library for exploring Windows PE(Portable Executable) format files in C/C++ programming language.
- enumerating headers.
- enumerating import tables(IAT/INT), including bound imports, delay imports.
- enumerating export tables(EAT/ENT).
- dll pseudo loading.
- enumerating COFF Object file sections, relocations, symbols.
- enumerating COFF LIB file archive members, linker members.
HOW TO BUILD
- open your visual studio command prompt.
- cd to top of source directory.
nmake cheap2el(for cheap2el.lib) -> if build success, "cheap2el.lib" will be created in top of source directory.
nmake test(for unittests)
nmake samples(for samples)
nmake clean(remove all obj, exe, dlls)
All unittest and samples are compiled, and tested on...
OS : Windows 10 Pro (64bit, Japanese) SDK : Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition + Windows SDK 10.0.16299.0 Build : from x86 Native Tools Command Prompt Compiler & Linker Version : > cl Microsoft(R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.13.26131.1 for x86 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. > link Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.13.26131.1 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
HOW TO USE
- Add include path to "cheap2el.h" in your project's compiler option.
- Add library path to "cheap2el.lib" in your project's linker option.
- Read unittest source code to understand cheap2el api usage.
MSDN Magazine/MSJ articles written by Matt Pietrek:
- February 2002 Vol 17 No. 2, "Inside Windows: An In-Depth Look into the Win32 Portable Executable File Format (Part I)"
- March 2002 Vol 17 No. 3, "Inside Windows: An In-Depth Look into the Win32 Portable Executable File Format (Part II)"
Japanese PE format web resource: