Command-line option parsing that won't leave you feeling kerplutz.
OMG WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THINGS?
Geez I love you too, sunshine. I hesitated for a long while before committing myself to writing Kerplutz. Eventually what pushed me into action was the observation (hopefully correct) that OptionParser is generally a pretty slick library, even if its interface is a bit wonky. It seemed like a shame to let it go to waste, when getting from it what I needed requires only a small amount of code.
Real documentation will be forthcoming, but for now see
- README docs for builder and option types
- Prettify commands summary
- Read defaults from a config file
- Argument type-casts
- List arguments
- Cleanup OptionParser's puking when an option isn't recognized
- Be more shy with the parsed arguments collection via callbacks
- Multiline descriptions?
Copyright (c) 2011 Mike Sassak. See LICENSE for details.