* tickets/master/7039-multiple-facts-same-file: (#7039) Pre-load all facts when requesting a single fact
Since multiple facts can be defined in a single file and we have no way of knowing which "additional" facts are defined in which files, we pre-load all facts when we're looking for specific one. Paired-with: Max Martin <email@example.com>
ARP facts on large network might lead to inconstant values as we are always using the first ARP entry from the output of the ARP command Signed-off-by: Ohad Levy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tickets/next/6795-update-tests: (#6795) Update tests to reflect changed exec
…o next * 'tickets/next/6795' of git://jet.mox.net/~tmz/facter: (#6795) xendomains: Ignore error output from xm list
If xend is not running, xm list writes to stderr and facter propagates this to the user. Redirect stderr to /dev/null.
* next: Clean up indentation, and alignment in macaddress_spec.rb (#6716) fix facter issues on OSX with ipv6 in macaddress.rb. Fixed #2346 - A much cleverer EC2 fact Fixed #2346 - Part 1: Added arp fact for Linux Discussion on ec2 facts - #2346 Fixed #3087 - Identify VMWare (#6327) Memory facts should be available on Mac Darwin Fixed #6695 - Updated id fact for Darwin et al
* tickets/next/6716-osx-ipv6-macaddress: Clean up indentation, and alignment in macaddress_spec.rb (#6716) fix facter issues on OSX with ipv6 in macaddress.rb.
This changes the spec file from 4-space indentations to 2-space indentations to match the style guide.  http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Development_Lifecycle#Style
Due to "netstat -rn" returning multiple protocols (IPv4 and IPv6) the "default_interface" can get more than one entry in to it, causing the macaddress resolving to break. This limits it to just one interface.
* next: Incremented release to 1.5.9 Fixed #6719 Typo (#5011) Adds swap statistics for OSX (#6719) Restricts virtualization types for zones Fixed #6616 - Stubbing in VMware tests on Linux Remove Solaris from the list of confined systems. It won't get the original lsb facts, and it's nonsensical too. Fix #6679 - Added Scientific Linux to operatingsystem fact Further fix to #5485 - SELinux facts (#2721) Merged patch from Brane GraAnar (#5485) Made selinux_mode fact work Fixed #5485 - Updated selinux_mode fact Fix for #6495 - Updated interface detection Fixed #5699 - Added processorcount support for S390x Fixed #5699 - Added virtual support for s390x/Zlinux
The fact now checks for an EC2 ARP or in the EU Zone for an EC2 MAC This should mean the fact's return is much more robust The fact also now supports returning userdata (which is a bit ugly given Facter returns strings but a good bookmark for refactor in 2.0)
The EC2 fact is completely broken at the moment: * Timeout::Error isn't caught by rescue (due to how it inherits) * The issue of wrong open semantics outlined here, this is causing hidden immediate failure * The fact is going to cause a 2 second wait to every facter run Whilst the following patch fixes the first two, I'm not sure we want to take the timeout hit, we also want to add tests as even simple ruby code can get logic errors such as the open(). Signed-off-by: Paul Nasrat <pnas...@googlemail.com>
There's no easy defined way of getting memory information from the command line. Copying mainly the OpenBSD facts, but having to pull in memory free from the vm_stat utility, and parsing the weird vm.swapusage sysctl value for swap. Parsing "top -l 1 -n 0" seemed an option, but that took over a second to run each time, so this appears cheaper.