iOS Couchbase Templates
iOS Couchbase Templates is the place to start for anyone interested in embedding Apache CouchDB into their iOS application.
Get a copy of iOS Couchbase Templates
git clone git://github.com/couchbaselabs/iOS-Couchbase-Templates.git
Installing the Xcode Project Templates
cd iOS-Couchbase-Templates/ open CouchbaseTemplates.xcworkspace/
- Select "Download Couchbase" from the Scheme popup
- Click the Run button, this will download a recent version of the Couchbase binaries suitable for embedding in an iOS application
- Select "Install Xcode Project Templates" from the Scheme popup
- Click the Run button, at this point you should now have Couchbase Project Templates installed in your ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/Templates folder
Starting a New Project using a Couchbase Template
- Select File > New > New Project... (⇧ ⌘ N)
- Select Couchbase Navigation-based Application and press the Next button
- Provide a Product Name and press the Next button
- Provide a location for Xcode to save the new project and press the Create button
- You should now have a new project created that looks like the image above.
- Select "Your Application - iPhone Simulator" from the Scheme popup
- Press the Run button
- You should now see the same basic iPhone screen as you get with the Navigation Application template.
- And in the Xcode console you should see a message indicating the URL that CouchDB is accessible at and a message that "Couch is ready!"
To see whats possible and get ideas for how to further integrate your application with CouchDB we suggest you look at the following applications:
Mobile Couchbase Demo.app - https://github.com/couchbaselabs/iOS-Couchbase/tree/master/Demo
OnTheSpot - https://github.com/couchbaselabs/OnTheSpot
Also, if you'd like to use an Objective-C library to access CouchDB, consider Trundle - https://github.com/schwa/trundle