NicTool is a open source DNS management suite that takes the headaches out of managing DNS data. NicTool provides a easy to use web interface that allows users with little dns knowledge the ability to manage dns zones and records.
- Web interface for users, admins, and clients
- Validation of DNS data before acceptance
- Permissions for users and groups
- Delegatation of zones and zone records to users and/or groups
- Logging of all DNS changes (who did what & when)
- RDBMS data storage
- API for automation and integration
Supported formats for exporting DNS data to servers
importing existing DNS dataSupported formats for
- NicTool Server - Exposes the DNS data via a SOAP web service.
- NicTool API - The NicTool API is what connects to the NicTool Server. The format of requests is defined in the reference API at http://www.nictool.com/docs/api/
- NicTool Client - A CGI application that provides a web interface for managing DNS data. NicTool Client has customizable HTML templates and a CSS style sheet. It is slowly becoming a modern JS web app
Testimonials and NicTool Users