Using this guide to making pong as a starting point, we create the classic game Breakout.
This is an experiment to see if we can all learn Haskell and collaborate together without a rigid process in place!
Use `git pull --rebase` always. Do commit directly to master. Think about what tasks you pick up and any conflicts that are likely. Small commits are preferred.
Assign yourself to a task by prefixing with your name.
- ball can hit the right or left side of blocks directly from below and the ball does not rebound
- separate collision logic
- generalise collision fns/ use function composition to get DRY
- encapsulate all dimensions in a data record?
improve collisions with blocks/paddle
- allow size of paddle to vary independently to size of blocks
- different coloured blocks earn different points and require multiple hits
- interpreter - read block data from file to generate level
- obstructions - blocks that do not disappear but do not need to be cleared
- restarts game after next key press
- display highscores
- enter name for highscore