TestCaseDB is a test case management application built on Ruby on Rails.
More details can be found at http://www.testcasedb.com/ and in the manual.
TestCaseDB supports Ruby 1.9.3 and 2.0.0.
To get your system up and running run the install script 'script/setup'.
You can now start the server with 'rails s' and login with the user admin/ChangeMe.
To add demo data to your system run 'rake install:demo'.
To add a larger data set run 'rake install:largedemo'.
Detailed install instructions are available in the documentation and in the doc folder. Download the latest guide at http://www.testcasedb.com/download.php.
TestCaseDB is designed to work with Redis. Redis is optional, but can provide several benefits.
Redis is used for session storage, caching and pulling email delivery out of the main web workflow.
To enable Redis, Follow these steps.
- Install Redis on your TestCaseDB server or a separate server.
- Install instructions can be found at https://www.linode.com/docs/databases/redis/redis-on-ubuntu-12-04-precise-pangolin
Open config/app_config.yml from the root TCDB directory with your favorite text editor.
Add the following three lines, replacing 127.0.0.1 with your Redis server IP and a different port if you configured an alternative. redis: enabled redis_host: 127.0.0.1 redis_port: '6379'
Enable Google OAuth
To utilize Google's OAuth you need to follow a few steps.
- Create a new app in Google's Developer Console
- Visit https://console.developers.google.com/
- Create a new project to use for your application
Open the new project
Under credentials, click Create new Client ID
- Fill in the required fields.
- For the Redirect URI set it to /auth/google_oauth2/callback
- Copy the Client ID and secret
- On APIs tab, enable the following APIs
- Contacts API
- Google+ API
- Login to TCDB as an admin and open the settings page
- Enable Google OAuth
- Set the Google client id and secrets
- Restart your server
- If you're using Passenger, simply add the file restart.txt to <application_location>/tmp/
- Otherwise, you can restart your webserver
** Notes **
- New users will not be automatically created. You must create them in TCDB first.
- The first time a user logs in with Google, if their google email matches the email address on their TCDB account, they will be linked automatically.