Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Despite what Microsoft claims, MSNP is far from dead: Skype uses it, Outlook.com's chat feature uses it, and the Messenger app for Metro uses it.
This wiki attempts to document the MSNP version used by skype, sometimes referred to as MSNP24, despite not using the VER command to negotiate versions anymore (it is mentioned, for example, in the /dumpmsnp command of the skype client)
See the page links on the right for documentation.
- uunicorn/pyskype - main reference for UIC generation with skype username login
- msndevs/skylogin - C implementation of UIC generation as a library
- kythyria/gallus - a few login methods and contact list fetching
- bitlbee's wip/msnp24 branch
- Miranda NG MSN protocol implementation
- JavaSkype - a Java API for Skype using Skylogin and MSNP24
MSNPiki - documentation up to MSNP18.
- The fact that it's still up is sort of a miracle. Throws blank pages sometimes, refreshing fixes it (or using archive.org)
Hypothetic.org's docs - the original, very outdated, protocol docs.
- Still contains some useful details not documented elsewhere
- MSNPSharp MSNP21 docs (mirrored here in github since google code is going down)
- kythyria's skype protocol notes
- dx's general msn notes
- Messengergeek's blog - status updates
#msndevs in freenode