Ascii Patrol is an ASCII game project. It was mainly inspired by "Moon Patrol", my favourite arcade game at the times I was a child.
Currently game can be built for
- Windows (VC2010)
- Linux & Cygwin (GCC)
- DOS (Watcom)
- HTML5 browsers (Emscripten)
To use / modify / add graphics asserts located in 'asset' directory you need to use REXPaint Copy 'assets' directory to REXPaint's 'images' subdirectory. To apply modifications to the game, in next step you should use temp_xp program which converts all .xp files located in some directory to assets.cpp and assets.h files being compiled with game.
Accordingly to raspberrypi.org AP can be easily built and runs great on Raspberry PI!
Find me on Twitter: @MrGumix
Need a package? Try these:
- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ascii-patrol-git/ by @SlavMetal
- https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ascii-patrol/ by Towtow10 (only x64)
Build instructions on Linux (assuming we have git and g++):
# clone sources repo git clone https://github.com/msokalski/ascii-patrol.git # enter sources directory cd ascii-patrol # enable execution of build.sh and run.sh scripts chmod +x *.sh # install required packages, (no apt-get -> use pacman) sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libpulse-dev # to fix problems with no keyboard input in few gnome terminals we require XI2 sudo apt-get install libxi-dev # invoke compilation ./build.sh
Ascii Patrol uses curl to communicate with hi-score server (ascii-patrol.com)
So optionally let's install it if needed.
sudo apt-get install curl
Finally let's piu-piu !
More on asciipat arguments can be found here: http://ascii-patrol.com/forum/index.php?topic=63
- no sound? -> install / start pulseaudio
- weird colors? -> try another terminal emulator or run from raw console (ctrl-alt-F1 or so)
- poor font look? -> try changing font in your terminal or in case of raw console use setfont
- keyboard doesn't work? -> try another terminal emulator or run from raw console
- no hi-scores table? -> install curl