- NOTE: Active maintenance on PyPDF2 is resuming after a hiatus
- Fixed a bug where image resources where incorrectly
overwritten when merging pages
- Added unit tests for the JS functionality _(louib)_
- Add more Python 3 compatibility when reading inline images _(im2703
- Return NullObject instead of raising error when failing to resolve
- Don't output warning for non-zeroed xref table when strict=False
- Remove extraneous zeroes from output formatting _(speedplane)_
- Fix bug where reading an inline image would cut off prematurely
in certain cases _(speedplane)_
- Fix bug when parsing inline images. Occurred when merging
certain pages with inline images
- Fixed type error when creating outlines by utilizing the
- Added Python 3 algorithm for ASCII85Decode. Fixes issue when
reading reportlab-generated files with Py 3. _jerickbixly_
- Recognize more escape sequence which would otherwise throw an
exception. _manuelzs, robertsoakes_
- Fixed overflow error in generic.py. Occurred
when reading a too-large int in Python 2. _by Raja Jamwal_
- Allow access to files which were encrypted with an empty
password. Previously threw a "File has not been decrypted"
exception. _Elena Williams_
- Do not attempt to decode an empty data stream. Previously
would cause an error in decode algorithms. _vladir_
- Fixed some type issues specific to Py 2 or Py 3.
- Fix issue when stream data begins with whitespace. _soloma83_
- Recognize abbreviated filter names. _AlmightyOatmeal and
- Copy decryption key from PdfFileReader to PdfFileMerger.
Allows usage of PdfFileMerger with encrypted files. _twolfson_
- Fixed bug which occurred when a NameObject is present at end
of a file stream. Threw a "Stream has ended unexpectedly"
- Initial work on a test suite; to be expanded in future.
Tests and Resources directory added, README updated _robertsoakes_
- Added document cloning methods to PdfFileWriter:
appendPagesFromReader, cloneReaderDocumentRoot, and
cloneDocumentFromReader. See official documentation _robertsoakes_
- Added method for writing to form fields: updatePageFormFieldValues.
This will be enhanced in the future. See official documentation
- New addAttachment method. See documentation. Support for adding
and extracting embedded files to be enhanced in the future
- Added methods to get page number of given PageObject or
Destination: getPageNumber and getDestinationPageNumber.
See documentation _mozbugbox_
- Enhanced type handling _Brent Amrhein_
- Enhanced exception handling in NameObject _sbywater_
- Enhanced extractText method output _peircej_
- Better exception handling
- Enhanced regex usage in NameObject class _speedplane_