Stallion is a Python Package Manager interface created to provide an "easy-to-use" visual interface for Python newcomers. Today we have many nice distribution utilities like pip, distribute, etc, but we don't have a nice visual approach with these same goals.
See screenshots at http://pyevolve.sourceforge.net/wordpress/?p=2200
python -m stallion.main [--help]
Easy to Install
$ easy_install stallion $ python -m stallion.main
(this will install Stallion as well the requirements listed below)
Stallion uses the following external projects:
- Flask (https://github.com/mitsuhiko/flask)
- A microframework based on Werkzeug, Jinja2 and good intentions
- Twitter Bootstrap (https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap)
- HTML, CSS, and JS toolkit from Twitter
- docutils (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/)
- Docutils is an open-source text processing system for processing plaintext documentation into useful formats, such as HTML or LaTeX.
- Jinja2 (Flask requirement) (https://github.com/mitsuhiko/jinja2)
- The Jinja2 template engine
- Werkzeug (Flask requirement) (https://github.com/mitsuhiko/werkzeug)
- A flexible WSGI implementation and toolkit
Stallion is compatible with:
- Python 2.6
- Python 2.7
- PyPy 1.7 (and possibly older versions too)
Copyright 2011 Christian S. Perone
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.