Vundle allows to:
- keep track and configure your scripts right in
- install configured scripts (aka bundle)
- manage runtime path of your installed scripts so you don't have to
- search all available vim scripts by name
git clone http://github.com/gmarik/vundle.git ~/.vim/vundle.git
Append to your
set rtp+=~/.vim/vundle.git/ call vundle#rc() " Bundles: Bundle "L9" Bundle "FuzzyFinder" Bundle "rails.vim" Bundle "ack.vim" Bundle "git://git.wincent.com/command-t.git" " ...
Install configured bundles:
:BundleInstall(no restart required since v0.5)
BundleInstall installs script only if it hasn't been already installed installed.
BundleInstall is faster than
BundleInstall! (note bang at the end) because latter fetches scripts without any checks.
BundleInstall! to update scripts.
will split new window with results:
Bundle "VimFootnotes" Bundle "foo.vim"
so you can just copy ones you need to
will refresh scripts list before doing search.
See gmarik's vimrc for working example.
Inspiration and ideas from
Vundle is a work in progress so any ideas/patches appreciated
- √ activate newly added bundles on .vimrc reload or after :BundleInstall
- √ use preview window for search results
- improve error handling
- allow specify revision/version?
- search by description aswell
- show descrption in search results
- instead sourcing .vimrc before installation come up with another solution
- make it rock!