A simple grails2.0.3 project that demonstrates the i18n property file reloading bug
bugdemo was created with "grails create-app bugdemo" bugdemo-inlineplugin was created with "grails create-app bugdemo-inlineplugin" then they were tied together by adding grails.plugin.location.bugdemoplugin = "../bugdemo-inlineplugin" to bugdemo's BuildConfig.groovy
To demonstrate the bug
- edit bugdemo/grails-app/i18n/containerMessages.properties
- change the value for bugdemo.container.hello.
- reload -- note your changes are picked up
- edit bugdemo-inlineplugin/grails-app/i18n/inlinepluginMessages.properties
- change the value for bugdemo.plugin.hello.
- reload -- note your changes are NOT picked up
- Restart the server. now your changes are picked up
I believe that in grails 1.3.7, inline plugin resource file changes were dynamically picked up.