A simple flask service that allows you to run commands on the server/computer over sms. Think of it as a shell where you run commands over sms
Watch Demo Video Here
Please note this is an early version of the program We are also aware of various security issues that comes with this program. We would highly recommend not to run this on production servers. You can run this program to experiment locally
You can view installation demo here Note: I use python version 3.9 but 3.6 is being widely used
Before you clone the repo make sure you have
pipenvinstalled on your machine.You can always verify
python3 --versionon commandline and if you don't have
pipenvinstalled you can refer to the docs
Once you have
pipenvinstalled now you can clone the repo
git clone https://github.com/mtdevss/server-text.git.
cd server-text/and run
pipenv shellto activate the virtual environment and
pipenv installto install the dependencies.
Once you have installed the dependencies before you run the script make sure to populate the script with your
numberfrom which you will be sending texts from, and
imap serverof your email provider
mail = 'email@example.com'# Where you will be receiving texts sent from number pas = '<email_pass>' number = '+1[number]@SMS_GATEWAY'# from which you will be sending imap_server = '<your_email_provider_imap>'
Now you can start the server by following command
Before you view the output makesure to send a command like
ls -lafrom your phone to the email and open
localhost:5000on your browser to see the output of your command.
You can find your sms gateway here
- AT&T: [number]@txt.att.net
- Sprint: [number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com or [number]@pm.sprint.com
- T-Mobile: [number]@tmomail.net
- Verizon: [number]@vtext.com
- Boost Mobile: [number]@myboostmobile.com
- Cricket: [number]@sms.mycricket.com
- Metro PCS: [number]@mymetropcs.com
- Tracfone: [number]@mmst5.tracfone.com
- U.S. Cellular: [number]@email.uscc.net
- Virgin Mobile: [number]@vmobl.com
- Google Fi: [number]@msg.fi.google.com
- Ting: [number]@message.ting.com
- Telus Mobile: [number]@msg.telus.com
- Viaero: [number]@viaerosms.com
NOTE: Make sure to add +1 before the number.
- This is available under MIT license and contributions are welcomed.
- Currently its
version 1.0we do plan to improve this further.
- If you would like to contribute to this feel free to fork and create a PR and we would be happy to merge your contribution.
- This script was tested using
- If you are using gmail make sure you have
less secure appsturned off
- There's a time delay in the request since it takes around 10 seconds to receive message from phone to email