CS4970 Capstone: NationBrowse
Repository for our Fall 2009 capstone project.
For the purposes of the class project, our code lives in the following locations:
- Python-based, project-specific code
- Templates for HTML, dynamic JS, other dynamically-generated text
- In-progress, experimental code
(Python) Install Dependencies
These only represent "backend" requirements that must be installed on the server. Client-side libraries (jQuery, OpenLayers, etc) are not covered by this list, since they're included or linked from the codebase.
The basics: data browsing site, without geo-awareness.
- Python 2.5 or 2.6
- Any Django-supported databae backend. We recommend PostgreSQL.
- But see below regarding GIS database requirements.