WuWei -- an Ajaxy web toolkit for Common Lisp
WuWei is a toolkit for building Ajax web pages and web sites in Common Lisp. It's designed to be light-weight, a toolkit rather than a platform.
Wu wei is Chinese for "effortless doing".
- Continuation-based AJAX user interfaces
- Server-side DOM operations (add/remove elements, visual fades, drag and drop)
- High-level interfaces to in-place-editing and autocomplete widgets
- Login and session management
- OAuth2 client
May be run at the demo site: http://wuwei.name
WuWei was written primarily by Mike Travers, originally under the sponsorship of CollabRx, Inc. Some bits of it are derived from BioBike.
- A Common Lisp implementation. WuWei has been run in Allegro, Clozure (aka OpenMCL), and SBCL, and ought to run in other implementations.
- mtlisp, a utility package.
- Other libraries (aserve or portable aserve, cl-json, and their dependencies)
Easiest using QuickLisp:
- Install QuickLisp from http://www.quicklisp.org/
Tell the install system where to find wuwei and mtlisp:
(push #p"/misc/repos/wuwei/" asdf:central-registry) (push #p"/misc/repos/mtlisp/")
(OpenMCL only) Unfortunately there are some incompatabilities with the distributed version of Portable AllegroServe and OpenMCL, so:
- download my patched version of aserve
From that directory:
(load "acl-compat/acl-compat.asd") (load "aserve/aserve.asd")
(ql:quickload "wuwei") (ql:quickload "wuwei-examples") ; if wanted