This is a kickstarter project landing page template made by Mu-An using Jekyll.
It is pain-free to set up even if you are not tech-savvy, here's a live demo: http://muan.co/kickstarter, and here's some of the basics about this project just so you have an idea:
- The template is built using Jekyll, but there's no need to worry if you don't know what it is
- Everything can be personalised in the file called
- You should be able to set up absolutely everything without leaving GitHub
- The page is hosted using GitHub pages, and it is soooo easy
- The url will look something like this:
http://[your_username].github.io/, and you can use a custom domain if you have one.
- You will need to have a GitHub account.
- After you're logged in, fork this repository (Feel free to ignore the terminology and just click the link)
- You will now have a clone under your account, go to
https://github.com/[your_username]/kickstarter/settingsand change your repository name to
[your_username].github.io. Make sure you replace
[your_username]with your username! Otherwise you will get a 404 error.
- Finally, personalise the project page by going to
https://github.com/[your_username]/[your_username].github.io/edit/master/_config.ymland edit the Kickstarter specific settings.
After you're done, just click on Commit Changes.
- You should be all set to go now, how nice! Go to
http://[your_username].github.io/to see if it works!
If you know your way around code
Here's a list of things that could be easily modified:
The styles are written in SCSS,
rakecommand is available for you to autocompile css files and run jekyll.
Currently there is only one theme, the basic one. Feel free to develop your own in the
themefolder and/or send a pull request in, but remember to make all information generic and easy to set using only the config file.
As mentioned, the whole thing is built on Jekyll, so just explore Jekyll and you'll find wonders.
Adding more pages
It is as easy as adding a file. Say you'd like a update page, just create a
update-june.mdusing markdown or
update-june.htmlusing html with content like:
--- layout: default --- June Update: Hello everyone!
And you will be able to see the page through
/update-june. How nice!