Chrome extension for WebRTC Screen Sharing
How to install?
How to view screen?
Try any of the below URL. Replace
your_room_id with real room-id:
- Chrome extension can share your screen, tab, any application's window, camera, microphone and speakers.
- Clicking extension icon will generate a unique random room URL. You can share that URL with multiple users and all of them can view your screen.
- RTCMultiConnection is a WebRTC library that is used for peer-to-peer WebRTC streaming.
- PubNub is used as a signaling method for handshake. However you can use any WebRTC signaing option.
- You can replace or include your own STUN+TURN servers in the IceServersHandler.js file.
- VP8 is currently default video codecs. However VP9 is recommended. You can always change codecs using options page.
- getStats is a WebRTC library that is used for bandwidth & codecs detection. This library is optional. You can always remove it.
Before publishing it for your own business
This step is optional. You can keep using
webrtcweb.comURL as a screen viewer.
Open desktop-capturing.js and find following line:
var resultingURL = 'https://webrtcweb.com/screen?s=' + connection.sessionid;
Replace above line with your own server/website:
var resultingURL = 'https://yourWebSite.com/index.html?s=' + connection.sessionid;
You can find
How to publish it for your own business?
Make ZIP of the directory. Then navigate to Chrome WebStore Developer Dashboard and click Add New Item blue button.
To learn more about how to publish a chrome extension in Google App Store:
For more information
For additional information, click this link.