OSM Destination Signs
This is a tool to show information stored in OSM in the form of destination_sign relations or destination tags on ways.
Supported tagging features:
- destination tags, including destination:lang:XX and destination:symbol
- distance and time
- colour:text, colour:back, colour:arrow
- direction of route from geometry of ways and nodes
- additional sources from guidepost node: image, mapillary, website, operator
- ref numbers of ways are taken from destination:ref on relations or ref on ways or ref on hiking routes the way belongs to
The example directory contains a Leaflet map page with markers for interesting points. It needs an additional library to load data from Overpass (leaflet-layerjson.js) which can be found here: https://github.com/stefanocudini/leaflet-layerJSON and leaflet-permalink.js which can be found here: https://github.com/shramov/leaflet-plugins/
A simple API is available to retrieve information from a given sign:
The available arguments are:
nodeid- required, gives the node of a destination sign to be evaluated (required)
namedroutes- include the names for names of routes
fromarrow- take 'from' information into account and add arrows showing the actual direction of arrows on signs
distunit=(m|km|mi)- convert distance to either meter, kilometer or miles.
format=json- to get all information in plain JSON only. If not specified, output contains a HTML rendering as well as data.
This tool is available under cc-by-sa 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ The code is distributed as-is without any guarantee whatsoever.