- Fix some issues with the preview tool, which wasn't properly passing params to the screensaver preview
- Save settings when 'create screensaver' button is clicked
- Fix issue where screensaver data wasn't loading properly
- Remove lodash from codebase
- Add environment variable toggle for running in development mode without hot reload
- Fix issue with updating timestamp of package update checks
- Remove command-line argument parsing
- Switch a lot of callback-based code to use promises
- Attempt to deal with failed download issues
- Fix logging issue
- Fix issue where screensaver package would be downloaded twice at the same time, which is definitely a bad thing.
- Add preferences option to run on a single display -- this helps keep CPU load down
- Add a 'yes/no' boolean option for screensavers -- this can be used to add boolean fields for screensavers.
- Minor updates to styles -- I'm working on cleaning up the app styles and CSS
- Keep app running if user quits the main window
- Activate asar for builds -- this should make downloads smaller and maybe help a bit with performance.
- Cleanup logging output and the code used to setup auto launching
- Update electron version
- Fix some issues with proper release checking -- it was broken before
- Fix issue with missing version data
- Make sure delay/sleep values are integers
- Update method of displaying screensaver windows since things seem to have broken in High Sierra
- Tweak fullscreen.js to handle OSX issues
- Add some logging code to savers library
- Handle screensaver load/parse errors rather than entirely failing
- Update Electron version
- Notify main process when user preferences have been updated
- Disable 'Save' button when creating new screensaver, but local directory isn't setup.
- Remove crash reporter, since it's basically unused
- Update raven/sentry setup, fix some issues with paths in the app
- Fix some issues with setting local directory properly
- Moved code/asset compilation into webpack. This makes development a little easier to manage.
- Updated how data and objects get passed between the UI and the main process, which should help make the app more performant.
- Added some tweaks to hopefully take care of some annoying OSX security issues.
- Tweak some temp directory usage to try and fix some OSX issues
- Add some safety checks to config reading -- if it's corrupted somehow, just restart with a clean config
- Pass the savers module to windows when opening them -- I think this is faster than passing data back and forth
- Add a random screensaver picker, as well as basic 'system screensaver' support -- ie, screensavers that are integral to the application and not installed as a separate package.
- If 'Run Now' chosen in menu, don't check power state
- Improve dock display -- show icon for more windows and hide only when all windows are closed
- Tweak layout of prefs window and the preview tool
- Update main process to listen for events from windows and pass data around. The main process has responsibilty for opening windows, saving new screensavers, etc.
- Reorganize code for app, switch to a single package.json
- Make a bunch of calls asychronous
- Use async/await in a few places
- Add some data caching to help performance
- When launching screensavers, don't take screengrab unless requested - this greatly speeds up launch time
- Switch to yarn, cleanup build process
- I'd prefer to not have yarn as a dependency, but it does a better job of handling installations across multiple platforms -- ie, windows and OSX
- Add webpack and use it to build UI assets
- I also might get rid of this at some point, and also React for that matter
- Update bootstrap version and assorted styling
- Update electron version
- Update React version and a bunch of assorted components
- Add mocha tests
- Add appveyor and Travis builds
- Update some stale packages, and remove some dead ones
- This version was yanked before it had a chance to truly shine. RIP
- Minor bug fixes
- Scroll to the currently selected screensaver when rendering prefs panel
- Handle missing screensaver object in watcher window
- Fix some issues with loading screensavers from folders with spaces in their name
- Add some handlers for power on/off events
- Close running screensavers when the display count changes (the user has plugged/unplugged a monitor)
- Fix some bugs that can occur when setting a custom screensaver source directory that either doesn't exist or is empty.
- Disable ASAR packages. I think there's a few things that are broken when they are being used, and I want to have the whole app running more smoothly before switching back to them.
- Add link to issues URL so users can report bugs.
- Fix bug where we tried to render preview when a screensaver hadn't been selected yet.
- Tweak state machine to rely on idle time checks and not much else
- Fix bug with (I think) newer versions of Electron where opening a BrowserWindow would trigger a reset of idle time on Windows.
- Hide mouse by using robotjs to move mouse off screen when showing screensaver
- Build ASAR packages
- Implement crash reporting, and some sentry.io error reporting
- Add a background color to boot process to look a little nicer
- Optimize screen grabber code, fix some CPU spikes
- Assorted library/code updates
- Fix bug where "don't run on battery" would always be true
- Tweak fullscreen detection code a bit, move into its own module
- Move some platform-specific deps into 'optionalDependencies'
- Check for fullscreen apps and don't activate the screensaver if one is running
- Sort screensavers alphabetically regardless of capitalization
- Add right-click action to system tray
- If disabled, display a 'paused' icon in system tray
- Tweaked tray icon to be a little bolder
- Updated preferences display
- Fixed a case where I think the app would stop checking idle time, so it wouldn't load a screensaver