Description: A GTK frontend for espeak
Copyright: 2009-2021 Fabio Castelli
Source code: https://github.com/muflone/gespeaker
Gespeaker allows you to play a text in many languages with settings for voice, pitch, volume and speed.
The text that has been read can also be recorded to WAV file for future listening.
Since version 0.6 it supports the speech synthesizer MBROLA for a better speech experience.
- Python 3.x (developed and tested for Python 3.9.4)
- XDG library for Python 3 ( https://pypi.org/project/pyxdg/ )
- GTK+ 3.0 libraries for Python 3
- GObject libraries for Python 3 ( https://pypi.org/project/PyGObject/ )
- PSUtil library for Python 3 ( https://pypi.org/project/psutil/ )
- Google Text-to-Speech library for Python 3 ( https://pypi.org/project/gTTS/ )
- Distutils library for Python 3 (usually shipped with Python distribution)
- espeak for basic eSpeak voices
- MBROLA for enhanced MBROLA voices and at least one of the MBROLA voices
- Pulseaudio player (technically
A distutils installation script is available to install from the sources.
To install in your system please use:
cd /path/to/folder python3 setup.py install
To install the files in another path instead of the standard /usr prefix use:
cd /path/to/folder python3 setup.py install --root NEW_PATH
If the application is not installed please use:
cd /path/to/folder python3 gespeaker.py
If the application was installed simply use the gespeaker command.