Description: Extract cursors and icons from MS Windows resource files
Copyright: 2009-2022 Fabio Castelli <muflone(at)muflone.com>
Source code: https://github.com/muflone/gextractwinicons
From the gExtractWinIcons main window you select a MS Windows resources file (like an exe, dll, cpl, ocx and so on) and you will list its contained resources like cursors, icons and you can extract them, including exporting the icons in PNG format.
- Python >= 3.6 (developed and tested for Python 3.9 and 3.10)
- XDG library for Python 3 ( https://pypi.org/project/pyxdg/ )
- GTK+ 3.0 libraries for Python 3
- GObject libraries for Python 3 ( https://pypi.org/project/PyGObject/ )
- IcoUtils package (wrestool and icotool commands)
A distutils installation script is available to install from the sources.
To install in your system please use:
cd /path/to/folder python3 setup.py install
To install the files in another path instead of the standard /usr prefix use:
cd /path/to/folder python3 setup.py install --root NEW_PATH
If the application is not installed please use:
cd /path/to/folder python3 gextractwinicons.py
If the application was installed simply use the gextractwinicons command.