This package is no longer maintained.
Built on top of django-registration, django-inviting handles registration through invitations.
- Invitations can be optional or required to be registered.
- Admin integration
- Adding available invitations with custom performance and rewarding algorithms. (for invite only mode)
This application depends on django-registration.
- Add "django-inviting" directory to your Python path.
- Add "invitation" to your INSTALLED_APPS tuple found in your settings file.
- Include "invitation.urls" to your URLconf.
Testing & Example
You can configure django-inviting app's behaviour with the following settings:
|INVITATION_INVITE_ONLY:||Set this to True if you want registration to be only possible via invitations. Default value is False.|
|INVITATION_EXPIRE_DAYS:||How many days before an invitation is expired. Default value is 15.|
|INVITATION_INITIAL_INVITATIONS:||How many invitations are available to new users. If INVITATION_INVITE_ONLY is False this setting has no effect. Default value is 10.|
|INVITATION_PERFORMANCE_FUNC:||A method that takes an InvitationStats instance and returns a float between 0.0 and 1.0. You can supply a custom performance method by reference or by import path as a string. Default value is None. If a custom performance function is not supplied one of the default performance functions in invitation.models will be used according to INVITATION_INVITE_ONLY value.|
|INVITATION_REWARD_THRESHOLD:||A float that determines which users are rewarded. Default value is 0.75.|