Webblen.io was Forked from Utopian.io, make sure to checkout the platform in order to earn rewards for participating in the project. Through integrating our existing applications (currently hidden but to be open-sourced soon), we leverage steem's block chain to incentivise community involvement.
See the website in action here:
Contributing to this Project
- Join webblenIO on Discord: https://discord.gg/5cxGQmt or Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEwPh5GOiHAZQ-QeJg
- Clone this repository locally on your computer. If you don't have
gitinstalled, simply pressing the "Download ZIP" button and unzipping the file should work.
- Locally, go to the
webpack/webpack-dev-server.jsfile. Change the line that begins with
UTOPIAN_API: JSON.stringify(process.env.UTOPIAN_API || 'https://api.utopian.io/api/'),
Remember not to push this change to the repository in your commits/pull requests.
- Use Terminal or your Command Prompt and change the directory to the
- Once you're inside the
utopian.iodirectory in Terminal, run these commands:
npm install npm run dev-server
These commands may take a while to process, because it needs to download everything necessary to start Utopian. Once it's done, wait for text like this:
This fork is now running on your machine!
- To access the local website, use any browser and go to
localhost:3000/(or whatever Terminal says next to "Project is running at".)
- To make a code change, use any editor to change any file in the code locally. If you change a
webpackwill automatically update itself and reload any browser pages that are viewing your local snapshot.
- When submitting a pull request, make sure to uncheck/delete the original
webpack-dev-server.jscode change, as that's only used for running the project locally.
Utopian's sister project utopian-io/api.utopian.io provides the back-end APIs for Utopian. If you want to run this locally, you do not need to run that project, though you may want to check it out anyways!
GNU Public License v3.0